We’ve come across lots of organisations lately with exactly that problem. Luckily Facebook enables users to merge Business Pages.
Benefits of merging Facebook Pages:
- You have access to your page stats through Insights.
- You can run competitions and other applications by adding tabs
- You can run Facebook Offers
- You can use Facebook promoted posts and advertising
The main reason for merging, however, is that Facebook can can close your page at any time.
Having a personal profile for a business or other non-human entity is prohibited. If this happens all the effort you invested to build your likes will be wasted. You will be starting from scratch.
But don’t worry we’ll show you how its done.
How To Merge a Facebook Profile into a Business Page:
- You must first migrate the Profile into its own Page (i.e. create a new Page)
- Then merge the two Pages. (i.e the new page and existing business page) Sounds easy right!
NB: You have to add your our personal profile as an Admin on your existing Facebook business page. Follow the steps here
Then here’s what you need to do:
- Log in to the personal page you want to merge.
- Since content from your timeline won’t be carried over when you migrate to a business page you need to download your timeline information. But don’t worry your current friends and subscribers will be converted to Likes.
- Rename your Profile to the name you used for your business page. This step is important as you will eventually be merging two duplicate pages which will need to have the same name.
- Go to Account Settings in the personal profile
- Click on Name and edit
4. Go to our pervious blog post on Migrating a Facebook Personal Account to Facebook Business Page and follow the steps.
To Merge Two Facebook Pages:
Now you need to merge your two Pages. To merge Pages, they need to have a similar name. If you’re merging Pages with a location, they also need to have the same address listed on the About Page.
- Go to the Page with the most likes. (Alternatively, if the Page you’d rather keep has fewer likes, you can try going to that Page and see if you can merge the other Page into this one).
- Go to Edit Page > Update Info.
- Under Resources, if you have 2 Pages with similar names, there will be a Merge Duplicate Pages link. Click on it, and in the popup window you’ll see a list of Pages that you administer that can be merged. Select the Page you want to merge. Click Merge Page.
- Post a note to fans telling them that the Pages have merged and work to build up engagement levels. Note: It may take a couple of days for your fan count to be accurate.
So that’s it no more duplication!