How many times do you open your Facebook page with the intention of posting an update and closing it again cause you just can’t think of anything to say?
With lots of Facebook pages to manage, we often find ourselves a bit shtumped for regular content ideas so we keep this list printed out on our wall to look at when this happens.
There are lots of similar lists floating about online; these are the ones that seem to work best for us (based on engagement reports via Facebook Insights, Sprout Social etc.)
10 Useful Phrases for Social Media Posts:
- What do you think? or What are your thoughts? Open-ended questions like these invite users into the conversation.
- ….. Click Like if you agree!
- Here’s some valuable information on____________________. The key word here: valuable.
- You don’t want to miss this!
- This is a MUST watch/read…
- Do you find Facebook’s new Timeline design confusing? Here’s a Timeline guide to help you out.
- Only ____ days left to…
- GREAT TIP: (insert tip)
- Fill in the blank: On Paddy’s Day (or Groundhog Day or New Year’s Day, etc. etc.) I ____________.
- When is the last time you ….crossed something off your bucket list / talked your way out of a parking fine / performed a random act of kindness?