A little off-topic with this latest blogpost. This is a post about an upcoming Adventure Festival happening in Sligo this August.
As the philosophy of this festival is so positive, this is something we wanted to promote.
In memory of legend, action man and Sligo local, Paul Rennick, ‘Havin’ a Laugh’ Adventure Festival will celebrate life, health and positive energy across County Sligo from August 30th – September 1st.
Created by the Rennafix Group, it is the purpose of this weekend to provide a platform for the general public to share in healthy mischief, while bringing awareness to the wider community of the positive benefits of living a healthy, engaged lifestyle on personal mental health.
- This action packed weekend starts on Friday August 30th with a Thrill to Chill event hosted by NorthWest Adventure Tours. An evening of the great outdoors, Hiking, Biking or Stand Up Paddle boarding to spectacular lakeside location and outdoor cinema with camping as an optional.
- Saturday August 31st begins with an 8am early start and a Yoga Breakfast morning with Shells Café in Strandhill. At 11am The Rose of Inisfree (70 seater boat) will be taking people from Sligo town (Doorly Park) to The Waters and the Wild Festival for a day of adventure.
- Beginners activities will be available for all ages. If your up for more of a challenge you’ll be in good company, with plenty of healthy mischief at hand. Great wholesome food will be served all day with Reiki, massage and tea leaf reading for those looking to wind down and let go. So come along and join the craic. Feel free to bring guitars or any other musical talents or entertaining abilities with you. You can run around or just kick back and enjoy the vibe of Havin’ a Laugh.
- On Sunday come to Rosses Point Beach for two spectacular Swim events. The Lighthouse Swim is in its third year running. It is an open-water swim that should only be considered by advanced swimmers. For booking details go to www.havinalaugh.ie. The Lighthearted Swim is an event designed for all ages and abilities, gathering at Rosses Point beach at 11am. Whether you’re up for a paddle with your trousers rolled up or feel confident to take on a shorter swim within your depth, the idea is to have some fun, splash around, collect some tokens, and win some prizes… Bring your own style and speed. Cheering will be for mischief, laughter and lighthearted fun ;-D Prize giving will be held in Rosses Point before we head to Strandhill for the final of the weekends activities.
- A Surf Surprise in Strandhill from 4pm wraps up the weekends events. You can take to the water, fancy dress, fancy shtylin, or just fancy a gawk from the shore… the choice is yours. Take a route through your shed and see if you can find that old surfboard or bodyboard, dust it off and get it wet again…
- We gather in the Strand Bar from 7pm to honour some happy soul with the ‘Spirit of the Festival’ award. This is a handcrafted ‘Havin’ a Laugh’ plaque going to the person of the weekend who we feel most embodied the spirit of the festival.
Video Credit: Peter Martin