Hazelwood Estate, the home of Athrú whiskey, is sitting on an 80-acre peninsula in Lough Gill and surrounded on three sides by water, the perfect location to distil and mature whiskey. Hazelwood House, the first Palladian-style villa in Ireland, was left abandoned until 2014, when Dave Raethorne, Athrú’s founder, purchased it and then started its restoration works in 2018.
Athrú produces triple distilled, single malt Irish whiskey made from 100% malted barley. The water comes from a well on site that is filtered down through the layers of rock from Benbulben mountain and the surrounding area, granting a flavour unique to the West Coast of Ireland. Finally, it is matured onsite in the finest bourbon casks.
Since 2020 Bua has worked with the Athrú team to execute its communication strategy to inspire and educate audiences nationally and internationally about this luxury new Irish single malt whiskey and the heritage surrounding its location.
- Development of a comms strategy to focus on brilliant storytelling around Athrú’s world-class whiskey, the distillery, the heritage and story of the beautiful estate and its location on the Wild Atlantic Way.
- Content Marketing for the Athrú website includes managing all blog content and email marketing
- Commissioning of photography and video assets
- Social Media Marketing, growing the Instagram account >10,000 followers
- Influencer strategy: working with whiskey bloggers and whiskey communities nationally and internationally
- Design support to create Athrú branded digital and print collateral
- Public Relations: press mentions, profiles and blog mentions in Irish media, whiskey blogs
Athrú has seen huge growth across its digital platforms since we began working with them.
- 223% growth on Insta profile from Feb – Sept 2021.
- eCommerce Growth: +2,328% eCommerce growth yr/yr
- € revenue growth 1,750% growth
- Website Traffic Growth: 251% growth yr/yr