Nestled in the heart of nature, picturesque County Leitrim offers an enchanting escape for travelers seeking tranquility and untouched beauty. Boasting an ancient landscape characterized by gently rolling hills, glens, and more waterways than any other county in Ireland, Leitrim is the perfect antidote to busy urban living.
As the birthplace of Ireland’s first Blueway, Leitrim offers a wealth of exciting adventure activities on land and water. In addition, the county’s rich cultural heritage and lively arts and music scene offers much for those seeking a beautiful, slow-paced, cultural and natural escape.
Bua Marketing was delighted to be commissioned by the great tourism team at Leitrim Tourism to plan and deliver creative and engaging marketing campaigns targeting domestic audiences. This included ongoing management of social media, producing and delivering a suite of videos, enlisting Leitrim ambassadors to write commissioned articles, and hosting influencer visits.
In collaboration with Sinead and the team at Leitrim Tourism, Bua developed a Destination Marketing Strategy around the ‘Enjoy Leitrim’ brand. The client had already identified the destination’s strengths were perfect for the target domestic audience segments of Families and ‘Unconstrained Adults’ which basically means adults travelling without children.
The campaign’s key objectives were to:
- Showcase the range of activities available in Leitrim throughout the year, catering to the whole family’s interests (including waterways, mountains, walks, mountain bike trails, heritage sites/centres, cycling, picnics, and playgrounds);
- Encourage visitors to share their experiences by using the campaign hashtag #enjoyleitrim;
- Encourage businesses in the tourism industry to showcase their offerings by using the hashtag #enjoyleitrim.
- Increase monthly traffic to the Leitrim Tourism website;
- Increase in keyword search volume for relevant keywords
- 149k Unique Website Visitors (+34% from the previous period)
- >1 million Total Video Views (from Youtube, Facebook and Instagram)
- 16 pieces of press coverage (online + print)
- >8k social media followers gained (Twitter, Facebook & Instagram combined followers = 27,559)
- 8,100 avg. monthly keyword searches for ‘Leitrim’ in Ireland (+50% YoY change) / 1,000 avg. monthly searches for ‘Leitrim’ in Northern Ireland (+30% YoY change)
Always nice to get a bit of recognition for our client work; this campaign was shortlisted for a number of awards.
- Sockies: Our video campaign for Leitrim Tourism was a finalist in the 2022 Social Media Awards in the ‘Video Campaign – Agency’ category.
- Digital Media Awards: Our destination video for Leitrim Tourism was also shortlisted in the ‘Best Use of Video’ category in the 2022 Digital Media Awards.