Communication Strategy and Marketing Campaign
Spot-lit is a new project by the Western Development Commission to help support and promote the development of the literary tourism industry on the west coast of Ireland. This project also includes collaboration with other partner EU countries in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Finland.
The project needed a brand strategy, a communication plan and 24-month marketing plan to inspire and educate audiences about a relatively new and specialised tourism niche.
- Bua jumped at the opportunity to work on such an exciting project that offered the perfect cross-section between the cultural and tourism industries.
- Bua Marketing initially won a tender to develop a communication strategy for the project. We subsequently won the tender to deliver the management of the marketing campaign to promote the project.
- The initial communication strategy included a number of brand voice workshops with key stakeholders. We also developed a marketing and PR strategy to promote the project to the emerging literary tourism industry in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Finland.
- The marketing strategy’s objective was primarily B2B; we needed to encourage the development of more literary tourism projects and businesses.
- We commissioned an explainer animation. We commissioned a number of articles giving an overview of literary tourism in each of the destination countries and we managed the social and email content.
- The Spot-lit project runs until September 2021.
- The project included a number of project workshops. Our responsibility was to encourage sign-ups for these workshops; all Irish workshops were fully subscribed.
- The website, email newsletter and social media metrics have all exceeded the client’s expectations and industry standards for such a niche project.
- The Spot-lit website was nominated for a .eu Web Award
What They Said.
‘We are delighted to work with the Bua Marketing team. They consistently provide a creative, innovative and very professional service for Spot-lit. Bua helped us to deliver the vision for the Spot-lit project and deliver on all requirements.’
– Mary Keaveney, Spot-lit/Western Development Commission