Bua Marketing was commissioned by Strandhill Tourism Association to deliver a marketing campaign over a six-month period in 2018.
The campaign included social media activation, video production, PR, production of a new image bank and a series of training events for the local industry.
- To encourage visitors to stay longer in Strandhill and explore the entire Strandhill/Coolera peninsula
- Increase the length of tourists’ stay in the village to 2 or 3 nights by showcasing all the amount of activities and attractions available.
- Extend the tourist season beyond the busy summer months of June – September, i.e. October – March.
- To attract more families to holiday in the peninsula
Bua delivered all of the following for the Strandhill Destination Marketing campaign.
- Campaign Strategy / Creative Concept
- Video Themes & Project Management
- #StrandhillMoments Social Media Campaign (+5000 posts on Instagram)
- Commissioning of a new photography bank
- Influencer Visit with Eimear Varian Barry
- PR campaign leveraging national press including features in the Irish Times, the Irish Independent,
- Digital Marketing training and mentoring workshops for local businesses
- Strandhill Moments Family Video
- Strandhill Moments Social Energisers Adventure Video
- Strandhill Moments Heritage Video
Media bank Link:
- We commissioned a photography bank for the campaign and for use by the local businesses to ensure high quality photography for the campaign.
- View the GoStrandhill Mediabank at Gostrandhill.shootproof.com
- The Impact
- The campaign has had a reach of > 850k people:
- Features included The Irish Times, The Journal, The Irish Independent, Wild Atlantic Way and the Irish Embassy Riyadh.
- Since the campaign, there was a 15% YoY increase in Google Searches for Strandhill.
- The Strandhill video campaign was shortlisted for an Irish Content Marketing Award in 2019.